The Entrepreneur Fund, Northland Foundationand The Northspan Group are pleased to announce they will be accepting grant applications for a second round of funding from the Small Business Relief Fund. Through support from the Department of Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation (IRRR), the second round will ensure support to businesses across IRRR’s Taconite Assistance Area (TAA). Additional support from Enbridge Energy for the original round will help more business owners facing significant financial challenges resulting from the pandemic.
- Be an existing small business, less than five FTEs.
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Federal Government Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and State Government Small Business Emergency Loan programs do not fit.
- Must be located within the Department of Iron Range Resources & Rehabilitation Taconite Assistance Area.
- Business affected by the disaster (all businesses; not only those included in the State of Minnesota executive order).
- Priority will be given to those businesses that serve as a core community staple such as rural/community grocery stores, restaurants, downtown/main street retail or hospitality, etc.
- Fund review committee determination that the available grants will make a discernible impact on the sustainability of the business.