St. Louis County commissioners on Tuesday selected Commissioner Patrick Boyle to serve as County Board Chair for 2019. Commissioner Mike Jugovich was selected vice chair.
Boyle has been on the County Board since 2014. He was first elected in a special election to fill the remainder of the term of the late Steve O'Neil. He was re-elected in 2016. He represents the Second District, which covers the eastern portion of Duluth.
The Board started the meeting with a moment of silence in honor of former commissioner Tom Rukavina, who passed away Monday. Commissioners then spent time sharing memories and paying tribute to him.
Boyle assigned commissioners to chair the following standing committees of the board:
- Health and Human Services - Frank Jewell
- Environment and Natural Resources - Keith Nelson
- Public Works and Transportation - Jugovich
- Finance and Budget - Beth Olson
- Public Safety and Corrections - Paul McDonald
- Central Management and Intergovernmental Relations - Boyle