David Ahlers will lead the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors as its 2018-19 chair. He is executive vice president of human resources and corporate communications at Graco in Minneapolis.
New officers and board members will formally begin their terms at the Minnesota Chamber’s annual meeting, "Growing Minnesota’s Future Together," on Nov. 15 at the Radisson Blu Mall of America.
Other Minnesota Chamber officers are chair-elect – Eric Gibson, UMC Inc., Monticello, also elected to a second term on the board; secretary-treasurer – Stephanie Laitala-Rupp, Commonwealth Properties, St. Paul; immediate past chair – Todd Paulson, RTP Co., Winona.
“The Minnesota Chamber is focused on growing businesses and the overall state economy. Our first task is to help elect a pro-business governor and protect pro-business majorities in the Legislature in November,” Ahlers said. “We remain committed to safeguarding employers’ approaches to retaining and attracting talent, and fostering a business climate that will grow Minnesota’s economy for generations to come.”
“We truly have the pulse of a cross-section of employers. We see and hear firsthand their individual and collective opportunities and challenges, which help build our legislative and program priorities,” Minnesota Chamber President Doug Loon said.
New directors elected to three-year terms are:
- Lester Bagley, Minnesota Vikings, Eagan.
- Geoff Baker, McFarland Truck Lines, Austin.
- Bob Gardner, Gardner Builders, Minneapolis.
- Angela Heikes, SMSC Gaming Enterprise, Prior Lake.
- Todd Hofheins, HealthPartners, Minneapolis.
- Mercedes Jackson, Fredrikson and Byron, Minneapolis.
- Jean Kane, Colliers International, Minnetonka.
- Philip Kaufman, United Healthcare, Minnetonka.
- Damu McCoy, Target, Minneapolis.
- Jennifer Shomenta, Cargill, Wayzata.
- Bob Solfelt, Mortenson, Minneapolis.
- Mary Jo Williamson, Mayo Clinic, Rochester.
Directors elected to their second three-year terms are:
- Jarod Allerheiligen, Grant Thornton LLP, Minneapolis.
- Scott Brener, SFM Companies, Bloomington.
- Ingrid Christensen, INGCO International, Minneapolis.
- Chris Clark, Xcel Energy Co., Minneapolis.
- Kelly Larson, Summit Brewing Company, St. Paul.
- Dan Marvin, Marvin Windows and Doors, Warroad.
- Mike McMahan, Allina Health, Minneapolis.
- Ameet Shah, Shah Corporation, Burnsville.
Audra Shaneman, president and chief executive officer of the New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce, and Matt Kilian, president of the Brainerd Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce, will represent the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Executives.
Jill Renslow of Mall of America, Bloomington, will represent the past board chairs.