G is getting out of the "incredibly competitive" business of making smartphones.
On Monday, the South Korean tech giant announced that it would close down its mobile phone unit after years of losses, marking the end of an era for a trailblazer in the Android world.
The division is expected to be wound down by July 31, although the company may continue to sell some of its existing models after that, according to LG Electronics. CNN Business
- Internal probe criticizes EPA for handling of PolyMet permit
- US Attorney General to investigate Minneapolis PD
- AP Construction begins Phase II of Wrenshall School renovations
- Saltie's arrival opens 2021 shipping season
- Miners Event and Convention Center in Virginia now taking reservations
- The small business owner’s resilience to reimagine
- Lindsey Lawrence named TKDA’s bridge group leader
- Grandma's Marathon releases details of 2021 race plan
Sign up for one of our email newsletters and stay informed!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.