As the Soo Locks are in hiatus for repairs and maintenance, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers updated its info graphic on plans for creating a new lock as large as the Poe Lock. That largest of the two working locks handles 85% of the commodity tonnage of commercial maritime traffic between Lake Superior and the lower Great Lakes. The Corps' recent release also noted that the first phase of construction on the new lock has been awarded to Trade West Construction Inc. of Mesquite, Nev. The mega-project will be
- IKONICS post losses for quarter, full year
- Essentia buys former Sears property
- NORTHFORCE Partners with Hibbing Community College to Facilitate Regional Student Employment
- Cliffs reports quarterly, full-year results
- DHS warns of cyber threats to critical systems after attack on pipeline operator
- Maersk cancels 50 sailings over coronavirus
- Enbridge fields questions in Ashland about proposed oil pipeline reroute
- After hellish ice fishing season, Minnesota resorts say they need help
Sign up for one of our email newsletters and stay informed!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.