|Friday, March 6, 2015||Search Our Site|
Comment on This Story / Send This Article to a Friend
Business North - The Daily Briefing - Business Newspaper Online
New partnership will seek, nurture talented workers
The Area Partnership for Economic Expansion (APEX), the Northspan Group and a collection of regional partners on Monday announced the launch of a new strategy called Northforce, Your Talent Community.
The goal is to cultivate a talented workforce in northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin, the partners said in a morning news release. The web portal NORTHFORCE.org offers sites focusing on Duluth, Superior and the Iron Range and an employer-employee “matchmaking” function for current and prospective residents of the region.
Partners to the project include the IRRRB and the cities of Duluth and Superior. APEX will manage the attraction, retention and community outreach strategy, while Northspan will manage the database and employer-employee connectivity functions. A Facebook page (Facebook.com/NORTHFORCE), Twitter account (Twitter.com/NORTHFORCEMNWI) and targeted advertising will help spread the word.
The goal of Northforce is to attract, manage, place, enrich and retain talented workers for northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. The project has five core talent strategy objectives:
• Attracting talent: Informing prospective talent about reasons to come or stay.
• Managing talent: Fostering and maintain a line of communication between communities, employers, and prospective talent that is dynamic and constructive.
• Placing talent: Helping talented workers to find employers and employers to find talent.
• Enriching Talent: Providing opportunities for talented persons to grow, advance and change the face of the region.
• Retaining talent: Creating an environment in which talent thrives and whose contributions are reciprocated in every way possible.
“We developed Northforce in response to needs expressed by the business community,” said Brian Hanson, APEX President and CEO, said in the announcement. “We are excited about its potential to transform the talent pool in northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin.”
The Northforce website includes:
• Employer-employee matchmaking function
• Searchable business directory
• Area events, attractions and resources
• Microsites focused on Duluth (duluth.northforce.org), Superior (superior.northforce.org) and the Iron Range (ironrange.northforce.org)
“What sets Northforce apart is its holistic approach to filling the talent pool,” said Randy Lasky, Northspan President and CEO. “This regional public-private partnership will aggressively market our quality of place and world class business opportunities while engaging and building ongoing relationships to attract, place and retain quality talent...a unique foundation.”
Previous Daily Briefing Articles:
BusinessNorth - The business news source for Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin.|
P.O. Box 16223, Duluth, MN 55816
Phone: 218-720-3060 Fax: 218-720-3068 firstname.lastname@example.org