Shipments of iron ore on the Great Lakes totaled 5.8 million tons in June, an increase of 43.6 percent from 2020. Shipments were 6.6 percent above the month’s 5-year average. Year-to-date the iron ore trade stands at 20.7 million tons, 20.6 percent above the previous year’s total of 17.2 million tons. Iron shipments are above their 5-year average by 5.7 percent for the first half of the year.
- Bremer Financial Corporation reports second quarter 2021 results
- Hillside Makers Market in Duluth opens this weekend
- Mining town embraces tourists
- Grand re-opening of Sheraton Duluth Hotel following renovation
- Xcel working to restore power
- UW-Superior School of Business and Economics establishes new advisory council
- Steel imports increase in June and on year-to-date-basis
- Lake Country Power crews working to restore power
City Hall has put local tourism promotion up for bid.
Sign up for one of our email newsletters and stay informed!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.